Identity and Self Portrait - with Annabelle Schneider-Farris
Time & Location
About the Event
Annabelle Schneider-Farris will be taking us on a journey of self-expression. Together we will explore how shapes and colors are powerful tools for making the connections towards expressing who we are, our origins, and our potential future self. This course is open to ages 3rd - 5th. *Please check the workshop calendar for other age group listings.
What you'll need:
- A mirror large enough to see your face clearly in. (Other reflective objects work as well)
- A comfortable place to draw and color/paint in.
- A fine-medium tip pen or sharpie
- An assortment of colors (e.g. markers, colored pencils, and or watercolors)
- Your choice of either canvas, computer paper, or any surface you feel comfortable drawing/painting your reflection on.
(Please make sure your paper type is suited for your medium (markers, watercolors, etc).
In this workshop you will:
1. Explore the relationship between shape and color psychology as tools for expression.
2. Assess how other Jewish artists express themselves through self-portraits.
3. Choose three key identity traits to include in the self-portrait