Tue, Jul 21|
The Kitchen's Paintbrush - with Talia Duque
What better way to discuss the connection between food and being Jewish than creating art with it! Join Talia Duque for this fun acrylics workshop. This acrylics and print workshop is geared towards ~10-14 year olds. *Check the calendar for other age group offerings for this course.
Time & Location
Jul 21, 2020, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
About the event
This workshop is an amazing way to utilize what is in our fridge as a source of inspiration and creativity. Together with Talia Duque, we will be exploring food's place in the history of art and how its importance within Jewish cultural and religious life.
Techniques you'll explore:
- Underpainting (painting over a dry layer of paint)
- Mark making (printing)
- Stumbling (circular motions)
What you need:
- Acrylic paints
- 2 pieces of acrylic or watercolor paper (some form of thick paper)
- Water for cleaning brushes
- Fruits, vegetables, favorite foods for observation and printmaking
(Examples: carrots, leafy greens, apples, oranges, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, pomegranates — some
of these should be cut in advance so they can dry, like citrus fruits — printing is OPTIONAL for this lesson).